CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pain is relative

Life doesn't always turn out like you thought it would, does it. We all face struggles and pain a lot. We seem to keep hearing of so much that is happening in the lives of our friends. And for one friend in particular, it would seem that 19 years of life is the season that God appointed for him. Our friend and former student at Christ Covenant in Raleigh dove into Falls lake Saturday and hit (they think) a submerged rock. He was floating in the water for at least a minute face down, without oxygen. Without replaying all of this story, I am reminded again that death puts life into perspective. I have seen and believe I will continue to see God work in the midst of all this pain and suffering. He has definitely used it in my life. He has used this in so many others for His glory and to secure our joy in Him more deeply. We have friends that are struggling with kids, relatives that struggle with sexual sin, family members who have chronic pain and suffering. I bet most of you do too. This has been probably the most painful 2 months of my life and yet I am begging God for mercy each and every day. I am studying the Scriptures not for facts but for God Himself. I have seen my life is a vapor and I have been to led to a quiet place of dependence on my Father. This is not our home and I will not love this world more than the true one that God will bring about. May I suffer well for the glory of my King.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Matt, great post and a great reminder of what we're called to in this temporary life...So sad to hear about your former student. Accidents are so hard to accept because they just make such little sense and seem so hard to believe. I am praying now for his family as they grieve the loss of their son...come quickly Lord Jesus...

sheltonfamily said...

Mike told me about the accident... so sad... We are praying for you guys and the trials you are experiencing so much right now. We love you guys!

Jill said...

thank you for sharing with us, Matt. we will continue to keep you and Jen and the kids in our prayers. And now, this precious family. - Jill Clark