CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

ONE WEEK DOWN!!

Thanks for all your prayers!! I survived my first week of full time preschooling!! Noah survived his first two days!! He struggled a little on the first day b/c he was so overwelmed. That was very hard for me to see the small fear in his eyes, but he adjusted and he actually cried on Friday afternoon b/c we had to leave school!!! Good grief....I can't win!!! :)
So after getting to spend two days at the most between meeting and such getting my room together I felt somewhat prepared when Thursday came. The first day with my precious class of 12 4 year olds was challenging and choatic, but all went well!! I would say dismissal was the most hectic part and then they were gone!!! Friday felt much better to me. I've got my daily schedule worked out and let me tell you, when you fit in two snacks, lunch, and a hour and a half naptime everyday, there's really not that much time to instruct them. And lesson plans for 4 year olds is much easier than 3rd graders!!! My kids are cute - 6 boys and 6 girls. Definitely lots of energy in the room that I will spend a lot of time focusing, but I think once we get in a routine I'm going to love it.
Tucker's care is still being worked out, but we have a couple of options. Pray that those details will fall into place and I would trust the Lord with them.
We do feel a little crazy taking all this on, but we think that things will settle and we'll get into a routine. Between Matt being in MS, 3 teacher workdays, 5 piano lessons, meet the teacher night, 3 different baby sitters, and matt preaching 3 times, this week has had a little going on. Not every week will be like that (right?), so while we adjusting keep lifting us up!! Love you guys!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Jen, glad you're already over the first hurdle of last week! I hope this one is infinitely smoother for all of you! Love you!

amy said...

jen, so glad the week went well! you're going to do an AMAZING job with those precious little ones! praying for you this week!